For my presentation discs to my clients I use a Lightscribe disc burner (and software) to etch DVDs to provide a very professional finish. Unfortunately, the recent software updates on OSX have rendered the Lightscribe burner useless. This has been a real problem for me.
The problem manifests itself by not recognizing the Lightscribe Burner.
I found a fix on this page:
…followed it step-by-step and it brought my burner back to life, phew!
The cause is the SIP (system integrity protection) enabled.
To disable follow these steps:
- Boot to Recovery OS by restarting your machine and holding down the Command and R keys at startup.
- Launch Terminal from the Utilities menu.
- Enter the following command: csrutil disable
- Reboot your computer.
- Download newest Lightscribe Host software; expand the .tar file on the desktop
- Install Pacifist 3.5.7 version and install the lightscribe.pkg file with Pacifist.
and don’t forget the final step, which I almost did….
- Then you can, with the terminal command “csrutil enable”, as action describe above, enable the SIP again.
Latest posts by George Ross (see all)
- Did you take my photograph? - August 15, 2017
- Andrew And Meaghan Wedding Portraits In Acorn Street, Boston - August 6, 2017
- Aurora After Dark: The Summer Sizzle - August 1, 2017