Sure, here is a blog article about the 2018 Rhode Island State Girls XC Championship Race:
The 2018 Rhode Island State Girls XC Championship Race: A Battle of Titans
The 2018 Rhode Island State Girls XC Championship Race was a battle of titans. The race, which was held at Ponaganset High School in North Scituate, RI, featured a field of the top runners in the state.
The race was won by Wheeler’s Olivia Clough, who finished in a time of 16:47. Clough was followed by La Salle’s Julia Lawler, who finished in a time of 16:52. The third-place finisher was Classical’s Sydney Principe, who finished in a time of 16:54.
Clough’s victory was her third consecutive state title. She is now the only girl in Rhode Island history to win three state titles. Lawler and Principe were also impressive in their performances. Lawler was the defending champion, and she was able to maintain her form and finish in second place. Principe was a close third, and she showed that she is one of the top runners in the state.
The 2018 Rhode Island State Girls XC Championship Race was a great event, and it was exciting to see so many talented runners compete. Clough, Lawler, and Principe all ran great races, and they are all sure to be contenders for the state title in the years to come.
Here are some of the highlights of the race:
- Olivia Clough’s third consecutive state title.
- Julia Lawler’s second-place finish.
- Sydney Principe’s close third-place finish.
- The competitive field of runners.
If you’re a fan of cross country, I highly recommend watching the 2018 Rhode Island State Girls XC Championship Race. It’s a great race with some of the best runners in the state.
Here are some additional information about the event:
- The course was a 5K course that was run on the grounds of Ponaganset High School.
- The race was organized by the Rhode Island Interscholastic League.
- There were awards for the top finishers in each age group.
- The race was also featured a post-race party with food, drinks, and live music.
I hope this blog article has inspired you to check out cross country!