This past weekend, I had the good fortune to photograph Taylor and Nick’s wedding at Zukas Hilltop Barn, Spencer, Mass. Taylor and Nick picked a wonderful venue for their wedding. Zukas is located in Worcester County, 20 minutes west of Worcester.
The ceremony was held outside overlooking the rolling hillside. It was a little breezy and there wasn’t a cloud in the sky…not a single one! We photographers like clouds because strong direct sunlight is bright and creates harsh shadows but we do love a challenge (and to complain about light)! So, it was a beautiful day in a beautiful location with a beautiful bride and handsome groom, a recipe for great wedding photography.
The reception was held in an elegant tent that in its own way was pretty spectacular with a checkerboard dance floor and detail lighting.
I will post more photos once Taylor and Nick have had time to enjoy their wedding photographs and in the meantime I hope you enjoy this photo of the couples first dance.
Technique/Equipment: I was using two strobes inside the tent but for this shot I turned off the off-camera strobe and used a single 580EX II with a Gary Fong light modifier. I pushed the ISO relatively high to capture the available light.
- Camera: Canon EOS 1D Mk IV (Manual Mode) with an on-camera 580EX II (Manual Mode) set to high speed synch
- Light Modifier: Gary Fong
- Lens: Canon L series EF 24-70mm f/2.8
- Focal Length: 24mm
- ISO: 2000
- Shutter Speed: 1/400th
- Aperture: f/2.8
- Noise removal: Neat Image
- Contrast Adjustment: Color Efex Pro
- Vignette: Lightroom CC
Latest posts by George Ross (see all)
- The Great Burlesque Exposition #11: The Main Event Preview - June 14, 2019
- Great Burlesque Exposition 2018: The Bordello Preview - June 14, 2019
- The House Of Mood, The Spy Who Loved Me - June 14, 2019